This Mango Salsa was the first recipe I ever blogged about. It was back in 2011 when my blog was called “Vous Etes Doux”. I had zero clue what I was doing. The title technically meant “you are sweet” in French, even though “sweet” isn’t actually a word used to describe people. So as cute as I thought the name was, it didn’t really make sense. It was also impossible for most people to spell or pronounce. Imagine typing “voo ay doo” into google… I kinda get why I only had about 2 readers at that point. Not to mentioned I was taking pictures with my iPhone and/or a low quality point and shoot…
I decided it was time for a throwback when I stumbled upon a mango peeling hack on Pinterest. Half the time I read those things and never actually try them out. This time I thought I’d give it a shot. Turns out it’s the COOLEST THING EVER. You use a thin rimmed glasses to peel off the skin. I was convinced the glass would break, but it didn’t! It really works! If you haven’t tried it, you must. Consider your future mind blown.
- 3 Roma Tomatoes, diced
- 1 mango, cubed
- ½ medium spanish onion, diced (about ⅓ cup)
- ½ tsp salt (plus more to taste)
- ½ T lime juice
- Freshly cracked black pepper, to taste
- 1 tsp jalapeño pepper, finely diced *optional
- Quarter, seed and dice the Roma Tomatoes.
- Peel and dice the mango using this method
- Mix all of the ingredients together in a large bowl and let rest for about 10 minutes.
- Drain the excess liquid and serve.