For this breakfast sandwich I have bacon, cheesy eggs, a drizzle of good quality maple syrup and of course delicious homemade waffles. Depending on how savory you want to go, cheese might be a nice addition under the bacon.
*always make your eggs last. This may seem obvious but they get cold SO quickly and they dry up when you try and keep them warm in the oven.
- About a teaspoon or two of bacon grease
- pat of butter
- 3-4 eggs
- splash of milk
- 2-3 shakes/dashes of Tobacsco sauce
- light sprinkle of sharp cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper
- In a bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk and tobasco sauce.
- In a skillet over medium heat, melt the butter with the bacon grease.
- (I bake my bacon at 350 for 15-20 minutes in the oven so I can do other stuff at the same time without having to stand over the bacon/get splattered with grease etc. Then, I pour some of the grease off the tin foil into the skillet)
- With a rubber spatula, move around the eggs until that are almost fully cooked. Then sprinkle the cheese on top and continue to turn the eggs until they are just barely wet. They will continue to cook in the skillet when the stove is turned off so I don't like to cook them all the way, otherwise they will get dry.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper and serve immediately